Before the Tendler case happened, the Orthodox Union hired Praesidium for another case. Praesidium was extensively used by the Catholic church. There was a lot of controversy about the competence of the Praesidium. The OU was warned about the Praesidium. The RCA was warned about Praesidium but hired them anyway.
I asked RCA executive vice president (aka CEO), rabbi Basil Herring, via email, about the RCA leak to rabbi Mordecai Tendler of its file on rabbi Mordecai Tendler (and the sexual misdeeds alleged against Tendler). He did not reply.
I sent him this question: "I'm curious why you leaked the Mordecai Tendler file to Mordecai Tendler?"
Rabbi Basil Herring is married to the niece of philanthropist Stella K. Abraham.
Rabbi Basil Herring, Executive Chairman of the Orthodox Caucus, delivered the keynote remarks at the Stella K. Abraham HS (SKA) Health Fair which took place in April 2001. His talk discusses health and substance abuse issues.
RABBI BASIL HERRING SELECTED TO BE EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE RABBINICAL COUNCIL OF AMERICA
Vicki Polin emails TheAwarenessCenter@yahoogroups.com:
It has come to the attention of The Awareness Center that confidential information regarding individuals who have made allegations against Rabbi Mordechai Tendler has been handed over to him by a high ranking member of the RCA.
The alleged survivors of this case were not consulted prior to this incident. The alleged survivors did NOT have legal representation during the investigative period. There was no one representing each of their own personal interests. For more information regarding this please go to:
Case of Rabbi Mordecai Tendler (AKA: Mordechai Tendler) (Monsey, NY)
The following recommendations have been made:
1) The Rabbi who gave the victims' confidential information to Tendler should be removed from the RCA publicly at once.
2) Rabbi Tendler should be immediately expelled as well for taking that information.
3) The RCA should publicly appologize for the damage they've done and take full responsibility. That means every Rabbi involved in this process, personally and publicly.
4) The RCA should immediately bring in an independent investigator to investigate the conduct of RCA officials in the Tendler affair. The outdside investigators should have the authority to produce a public report with recommendations.
5) Any alleged survivor of Rabbi Mordecai Tendler, and of any other case being investigated by the RCA should be immediately notified. They should also consult with a personal injury attorney (of their choice) regarding this matter. Attorney fees should be payed by the RCA.