Thursday, August 05, 2004

Does Luke have the courage to change?

In a word, NO. I am sufficiently content with my life as it is for me to spend the remainder of my days here on earth (I'm already 38) living on the floor of a converted garage, driving a decrepit van that no decent woman would ever want to be caught dead in (literally).

Consider this missive from New York nudge Chaim Amalek (who at over 350 pounds and counting is in no position to lecture me on how to live my life):

"Do you have the courage to change? Because I really
believe your prospects in life would be enhanced by a
quickie marriage with some nice girl from the -----
industry. Not necessarily a --, but maybe the
daughter of one of the key guys, or perhaps a
newcomer. Then you could get a divorce in a few
months at almost no cost to you and, given your finances,
quite possibly come out ahead money-wise. You need a
woman to beat you into shape so that you can get
yourself a better woman. Perhaps you ought to forgo the step-wise plan for ascending the ladder of wives, and go Chinese at the outset. A solid Chinese wife will not let you sleep on the floor or drive an embarrassing vehicle or waste your days blogging. The question though, is this: do you have the courage to change?"

In case you didn't hear me the first time Chaim, the answer is NO.
And I've decided to support George Bush, spend my days blogging and eating berries (no true 7th Day Adventist can stomach the thought of eating a nice brisket), and pretending to be a homosexual man pretending to be a straight man. Those of you who want to see Luke Ford erupt, chrysalis-like, from his cocoon are fated to be disappointed in me. So either accept me as I am or don't. The choice, as always, is yours. In the meantime, I've got lots of books to write, people to interview, and free lunches to attend. I'm living well (enough) and (thanks to my meds) loving life. And if it just isn't the life YOU would be living, well, tough.