Wednesday, August 18, 2004

PLEASE HELP - a friend of mine is destroying his life on whores

Yep, whores. Everytime I see him, he is banging another whore. He seems happy, but deep down inside I know he is not happy.

Khunrum writes: Thanks for not using my name. You are right. I am back in school getting ready for the next semester. It's a total drag. I am miserable.

Now if I was back in T-land with my working girl friends and monger buddies I'd be a happy man. If you really want to save me send money so I can retire and move to Asia.

Velvel responds: What do you mean by "whores?"

Real, by-the-hour, call girls? Or just loose women who will screw for drinks?

Khunrum replies: "What do you mean by "whores?""

That is a crass archaic word that should never be used by any right thinking individual. Especially the intelligent renaissance types reading Luke's column (please refrain from printing it again Luke). What we are talking about are sociable ladies who work at various professions to support themselves, their children and many times mother and father up country.

"Real, by-the-hour, call girls? Or just loose women who will screw for drinks?"

Women like all women, who enjoy traveling, riding the waves in Phukett, laughing and relishing life. Perhaps having a drink or two. How quick we are to place people into categories (especially sordid ones) whilst not even knowing the minimum circumstances of their lives.

Who would begrudge a young lady enjoying life a few baht to help support herself and her family?