Friday, August 13, 2004

Backdoor To Hollywood

Hollywood Actresses: Their Amazing Tales.

They came chasing a dream. They lived through nightmares.

I think that will be my next book. The stories of girls who get off the bus in LA at age 18 or so and try to become actresses. Their harrowing tales. Has anyone done this before? Luke Ford style?

I think this could be a lot more fun than writing about movie producers and Jewish journalists.

So I was talking to an ex-girlfriend and inviting her to my book party.

"Have you made any rude comments lately that have been reported to your rabbi?" she asked.

"Nope," I said.

She's reading My Life by Clinton. Up to page 580. Just 400 or so to go. She said it was good.

"Well, it's no XXX-Communicated: A Rebel Without a Shul" I protested.

"How long is your memoir?"

"One hundred seventy four pages. Just a quick swallow."

"I'm going to ignore that," she said.

"No, I think I'm going to call your rabbi to complain. What's his number?"