Saturday, August 21, 2004

Father, Forgive Me, For I Have Sinned

I sat in the bar until 2 a.m. Friday persuading French journalist Christelle Laffin to convert to Orthodox Judaism. She said Orthodoxy held down women. I said no, Orthodoxy puts them on top, on a pedastal.

Two hours of sleep.

Friday night I read David Rensin's new book in an hour -- The Little Stuff Matters Most by Bernie Brillstein.

I was so sleep-deprived, I couldn't sleep until sunrise. Woke up at 9:15 a.m. Got to shul at 10:30 a.m. The cute security guard was there. I listed off all my sins to her. By the time I was finished, shul was finished. I didn't even set foot inside. I shmoozed with my friends, went to Kiddush.

The Professor says you can know you are a part of a community when people talk about you. He said I am now a part of the community.