Thursday, September 09, 2004

Is Luke Ford a Genius? (Part 1)

From the Luke Ford Fan Blog: When Luke Ford proudly announced a couple of months ago that he had an IQ of 185, I was somewhat taken aback. Okay, I was somewhat more than somewhat taken aback. It seemed an awfully high score for Mr Cut & Paste. Not that I thought Luke was lying. Of course not! I merely assumed that a gigantic mistake had been made somewhere. Perhaps one day at Seventh Day Adventist Sunday school, Luke's class had been given an intelligence test, and as the teacher read out the results above all the din, racket, and mocking laughter, Luke misheard his score. 18.5 sounds a lot like 185, doesn't it? Yes it does!

Chaim Amalek writes: "I, personally, administered the tests that won Luke membership to Mensa, Intertel, the International Society for Philosophical Inquiry, AND the Geniuses of Distinction Society (G.O.D.S.). The man makes Cathy Seipp seem a bit slow."