Sunday, September 05, 2004

In Amnon's Fall, We Sinned All

Dear Luke,

I just saw your profile on Amnon Finkelstein. I want to thank you for making that available to the public. I too am one of his many student victims. I can corroborate your statement that yes, indeed he is a shameless womanizer. Luckily, I did not fall out of any windows! My affair with him happened several years ago now, when I was in my very early 20s. He was my college professor at the time. He used to suggest wild sex
scenarios to me, but being so young, I was simply intimidated and must have became a real bore to him, so he moved on. I would have truly benefitted from such information on him before getting involved at all. Even back then, something in my head told me that things with him were not quite right. But I had such a crush on him, as many of my fellow students did. And he was so charming that I ignored my instincts and trusted him. (Big mistake!) He is, in my admittedly unprofessional opinion, a pathological liar. He told wild and heroic stories about himself as a youth. Stories which I later investigated to be false. He used to ask to borrow large amounts of money from me and then pretend he didn't remember when I asked
for repayment. The most disturbing thing was his apparent disrespect for the Jewish community. He used to give me pro-Palestinian books to read. He also studied on a scholarship from the German government and had many German lady lovers (I found out later.) I'm not sure what it all means, but I feel he has a very dangerous personality. I urge you to keep your profile of him up on the web, so that other young girls don't fall victim to him. This girl ending up in a coma does not surprise me. I thought that I had not heard the end of him.