Monday, July 19, 2004

Chaim Amalek Gives Me a Talking To

Chaim says that I am going about this all wrong, that what I need to do to find a life partner is to use indirection instead of direct action. "What do you mean, Chaim?"

Chaim feels that I should either establish a mikvah on the grounds of my home and offer it to all women for their ritual purification, or start a salon of my own. The former course would put me into contact with numerous Jewish women who likely know many many more Jewish women, and would enable me to show them all what a good catch I am. (After all, how many Jewish men are so thoughtful that they would build a mikvah on their land? I'll bet Michael Eisner and Steven Speilberg haven't done this.) The other route, that I emulate Cathy Seipp and start up a salon of my own, would require less contractor work. But I'm not sure what such a salon should be about. Chaim suggests folk music, as that seems to attract lots of young, impressionable girls mewling about love and such, and that if I don't do this for them, likely they will fall into the hands of some less moral fellow instead.

"Time for you to start thinking like a Jew, Luke." What can I say - Chaim is usually right about these matters of the heart.