Thursday, July 22, 2004

I'm Not Sleeping Well

I haven't been sleeping well of late. First, I've got money troubles. Second, I've got female problems (in the same sense in which I have money trouble). If I had more money, I'd have a wife. If I had a good wife, I'm sure I'd be more motivated to get off my but and make some bread. It isn't as though I don't know how - Chaim Amalek has instructed me on how I might take this to the next level, but I'm too lazy to obey him. So here I sit with neither, a vessel into which I pour the wisdom of the Oral Law, but that vessel has holes that only money and women can plug, so even that is not working out.

My sack of rice is now only about half full. I need to supplement the carbs with some protein, but my vegetarianism (born of a 7th Day Adventist upbringing that I did not choose for myself) makes that very hard. Nuts (my usual source of protein) are expensive, and beans give me gas (not good to have on a date). I need to change my diet, but this too will require of me money that I do not have. Maybe Islam is the answer after all.