Friday, July 16, 2004

An Inscription For Cathy Seipp

I already know how I will autograph my memoir for Reason editor Nick Gillespie. "Nick, keep it ---- for me."

But what do I write for my friend Cathy Seipp, who's miffed that was she lumped in with five other friends in the dedication of my producers book. She writes me: "Yes I am sure Nick would be charmed. Now please think long and hard -- no pun intended --about the deeply personal and sincere inscription you're going to put in mine."

Dear reader, I need your help coming up with something deeply personal and sincere for Cathy. Won't you help this Torah Jew do a mighty mitzvah?

Rob writes: "Cathy - You make me feel like a natural woman. Hugs - Luke"

Chaim suggests: "But for you, nobody decent would want to break bread with me. But for you, I would be a freak among men, a loser among women, and a stranger among the Jews. But for you, I would be eating pork by now."

Robert suggests: "Without you, I'd be nothing."