Wednesday, October 20, 2004

XXX-Communicated Review

Shayne Shiksa writes about my memoir Rebel Without A Shul:

So, wow, your book is intense. You lay yourself bare. Naked. It's full on. You are willing to look at yourself with the same scrutiny with which you focus on others. It's a compulsive desire.

Funny, sad, curious. Is sarcasm contagious? I will keep an eye on it.

Luke, Luke, Luke. I didn't realise you were as much a slut as I, masquerading behind a facade of morality. I've nearly met my match.

Now I must surround myself with wholesome goodness to reclaim my sense of happiness and contentment.

You're funny with the hovel and car thing. You like to test. I've met others who do this. Sometimes the testing never ends. New barriers are erected and the challenge posed: "We'll see if you still like me like this."