Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Dating Girls From Broken Homes

Luke Ford writes:

Pick-up artist and author Neil Strauss told me that he does not date women from broken homes. They don’t know how to love the opposite sex.

I found that a fascinating insight. At the grand old age of 44, I think Neil is generally right.

If you grow up with a messed up relationship with your opposite sex parent, particularly if you don’t have an opposite sex sibling, the opposite sex is not real for you. It quickly becomes an object of contempt.

I’ve found that women who grew up in solid homes are much more solid in their relationships. They’re much more solid in their love.

Now I love crazy chicks as much as the next guy. They tend to be crazy in bed and that’s a lot of fun, but it is a lousy basis for a relationship, let alone a marriage.