Thursday, February 18, 2010

Alpha Male Wannabe At LimmudLA

Luke Ford says:


I hope Heaven will be one long LimmudLA.


Here’s my story this year:


Jan. 29. I got sick.


Jan. 31. The healing begins.


Feb. 7. I return to yoga for the first time in 11 days.


“Perfect,” I think. “I got sick at just the right time so that I will be strong for LimmudLA.”


Feb. 7. 1 p.m. I panic over my finances and flood with adrenalin for two days.


Feb. 10. 8:30 a.m. “You have therapy today?” she asks.


“Yeah,” I said. “I’m going to talk about how I can get the most out of LimmudLA. In 2008, it was my favorite weekend of the year. In 2009, it was my favorite weekend of the year. I anticipate that this will be my favorite weekend of 2010.”


“Why wouldn’t you talk about having to take financial responsibility for the first time in your life?” she asks.


“Score!” I say.


Read On