Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lori Gottlieb Is Now A Therapist!

Lori is one of my favorite writers. She's just so honest! She's compelling. She cuts through pretense to get to the heart of a matter.

I just got an email from her today talking about her new therapy practice.

I was intrigued. I clicked on through and found this:


I provide therapyconsultationreproductive counselingspeakingmedia, and executive coachingservices. I’m also an award-winning author who loves stories – all kinds of stories, but mostly stories about the ways we get lost before finding our path. We all have unique stories, and I like to help clients to rewrite theirs.
I have a master’s degree in clinical psychology with an emphasis in marriage and family therapy from Pepperdine University, and did my undergraduate work in language, literature and culture at Yale College and Stanford University, where I graduated with highest distinction.  I then worked as a film and network television executive and attended Stanford University School of Medicine before focusing on writing.
My books on relationships and eating disorders have become New York Times and international bestsellers and I write about the intersection of psychology and culture for national publications including The New York Times and the Atlantic. I also appear regularly as guest on such programs as The Today ShowCNNMSNBCThe Early ShowGood Morning AmericaDr. PhilNPR and Oprah Radio.
I did my clinical training at the Wright Institute’s Susan B. Krevoy Eating Disorders Program, where I developed the curriculum for its body image process groups; and at The Maple Counseling Center in Beverly Hills, where I worked with a wide range of clients in the intensive Intake, Adult, Couples and Mindful Parenting programs and continue to remain involved with the clinic.
In addition to my therapeutic and private consultation services, I  give speeches and workshops ranging from keynote addresses for large audiences to parent education in school settings; speak to medical residents about eating disorder treatment modalities and management;  work with fertility physicians and surrogacy and donor agencies to help clients navigate the path to parenthood; offer expert opinion on parenting, relationships, family building, and body image to publications ranging from Elle and Self to the Washington Post and Time magazine; consult on film and television projects from a psychological perspective; and do executive coaching to help corporations and individuals perform at their best.
Contacting me is easy. Just call (310) 853-3567 or simply click here to let me know how I can help.