Monday, January 11, 2010

The Ultimate Snack: Bobo's Oat Bars

I like healthy snacks, nothing artificially flavored or poorly conceived. Too often companies ignore this principle, and manufacture sugary or salty products that are incredibly bad for people. Maybe there is this belief that because snacks are just that, a break between meals (as if breakfast, lunch and dinner are not supposed to contain delicious food), we should indulge -- never mind the consequences! Indeed, the best snacks uphold the things that matter most to millions of consumers: all natural ingredients, great taste and a commitment to transforming (for the better) the way we shop for snacks. All of which brings me to Bobo's Oat Bars (www.bobosoatbars.com), one of the most incredible snacks I have ever tried. (Full disclosure: Someone who handles social media for the brand sent me an email encouraging me to try the product, so I visited my local Whole Foods and bought some of the four flavors the store carries, and my reaction was . . . wow! Yes, wow! The taste was so delightful.)