Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Great Gift Idea - Scene Seeker!

I have a new motto for holiday shopping this year: Fun but affordable. Forget expensive gifts that soon find their way to the remainder bin at some big box retailer, or presents that quickly fall out of style and gather dust. This time, I plan to go digital -- with iPhone applications.


With tens of thousands of applications from which to choose, and having an iPhone is a great present for your special someone (note to friends and family alike: I want an iPhone!), you can easily pick the right application for the right person. Which brings me to Scene Seeker, the coolest application for the iPhone ever, so cool that it makes Santa and his helpers - is the North Pole a union shop or a right-to-work territory? - pale before the geniuses at Bizmosis.com, the creators of Scene Seeker.


Scene Seeker gives you incredible details about your favorite films and TV shows. For example: you're in New York City or Los Angeles - and since I live in the latter, let's use that locale as our point of contact - and you want to know which movies or TV shows take place (or were shot) in the area. Well, Scene Seeker gives you all the information you need - and then some - including: names, locations and GPS directions - yes, GPS directions! - to these places. Which means, that fabled skyscraper or haunted house or iconic restaurant, the places that define our most beloved films and TV shows - they're all available through Scene Seeker.


So, here's my new plan: get all of my friends Scene Seeker - I'm on that list, too - and then watch a bunch of movies, and use Scene Seeker to really explore Los Angeles. Throw in some snacks, and I'm a happy camper. Get Scene Seeker! Enjoy the holidays -- and be merry!