Saturday, October 09, 2004

I Plead Guilty To Sins Of The Flesh...

Because to plead guilty to sins of sloth, selfishness and narcissism are too painful.

Wise Sarah writes: I'm writing because I'm confused about some of your most recent postings on your Protocols blog. My confusion stems from your admission to me that you do not write about your dating life because it is holy and highly personal. Yet you so freely write about your hormonal lustings! What confuses me is why you see dating and relationships as private, yet you make your primitive desires so easily public. In Judaism, one's primitive desires are actually meant to be more private than one's thoughts and words.

Your hashkafa, I suspect, may be due to your prolonged exposure and involvement in the p--nography business, where hormonal lustings and sex are freely protrayed in the absence of any emotional intimacy or communication. You continue to support this hashkafa (not really the best term, but applicable-enough here) when you only post about your physical lustings for various women you encounter. This does not support a picture of you as a thoughtful and spiritual man who appreciates relationships with others, especially women. You instead come off as a horny intellectual-elitist who views women solely as objects of physical desire.

A good counter-balance might be to post some of your actual conversations with women so that we can get a picture of your interest in women outside of the physical.

Luke replies: I think it is easier for me to confess to desires of the flesh than to write about my unfulfilled desires for the quality Orthodox women I meet who awake so many yearning in me on a soul and intellectual and social level... To confess this neediness would be too humiliating. It is one thing to confess to seeing beautiful women I want to sleep with and to know that they reject me, but to confess to meeting Orthodox Jewish women that I want to marry and to know that they would not date me, this is a humiliation too painful to publish.

My last three days of the hagim were more socially fulfilling for me than the lonely first three days.