Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Dream

A friend emails:

I had a dream about you last night.
We were lying on our sides, face to face. Our chests touched and there was a fiery warmth all up and down where our skin touched. It wasn't hot in the sense of sweaty, but glowing. We were both amazed.
I don't know if I'll ever see you again, so thought I would share.

You had a nice apartment, not like the hovel you describe. Your bed wasn't against the wall, it was cati-corner, a huge bed, maybe king size, with plump comforters and very clean linens, and blond wood headboards. Sophisticated and welcoming.
You didn't have that beard or all that mess now - it was from before. It was our first time embracing - we were unclothed (didn't want to say that at first or have you assume anything) and the bright light/heat, almost like fire locked us together from sternums to our waists. We were amazed and a little confused and happy.
Then the dream jumped to us walking around, and I saw you had a whole nother floor, and I was amazed you had never mentioned this! It was downstairs, and huge, like lofts - actually set up as if 3 artists could live or work there, and you might be thinking of renting it out, but nobody did live there, and that bothered me a little. It was such a huge area, yet not really habitable - not useful as living space.
I've dreamed about you a couple of times before, but usually you do something half-assed or annoying, and I think no more of it. After this dream I was satisfied.